This course forms the introductory module to our studies of the Lake District poets. We will be investigating the general background to the three main poets, Wordsworth, Coleridge and Southey and choosing one poem from each in particular.
Skip available courses
Learn about the American President - how they get elected, their jobs and life as well as how American government works.
After completing this course you will be able to plan an e-learning course together with exercises and elements of online teaching strategy, using a variety of tools and teaching methods selected specifically to meet your goals.
All students must successfully complete this elearning module. It is important that you take eSafety seriously.
- Natural disasters: including floods, hurricanes, earthquakes and volcano eruptions that have immediate impacts on human health and secondary impacts causing further death and suffering from (for example) floods, landslides, fires, tsunamis.
- Environmental emergencies: including technological or industrial accidents, usually involving the production, use or transportation of hazardous material, and occur where these materials are produced, used or transported, and forest fires caused by humans.
- Complex emergencies: involving a break-down of authority, looting and attacks on strategic installations, including conflict situations and war.
- Pandemic emergencies: involving a sudden onset of contagious disease that affects health, disrupts services and businesses, brings economic and social costs.
Any disaster can interrupt essential services, such as health care, electricity, water, sewage/garbage removal, transportation and communications. The interruption can seriously affect the health, social and economic networks of local communities and countries. Disasters have a major and long-lasting impact on people long after the immediate effect has been mitigated. Poorly planned relief activities can have a significant negative impact not only on the disaster victims but also on donors and relief agencies. So it is important that physical therapists join established programmes rather than attempting individual efforts.
Local, regional, national and international organisations are all involved in mounting a humanitarian response to disasters. Each will have a prepared disaster management plan. These plans cover prevention, preparedness, relief and recovery.
This course is foundational. Once you get a good grasp of English, you will see two significant advantages:
- You will be in a much better position to master the original languages. It is very difficult to learn Hebrew and Greek if you don't know your own language's grammar.
- You will be equipped to analyze and critique your own writing. Articulating your ideas in written form is so important for all. Communicating by means of the written word and communicating by means of the spoken word are two skills that are very closely linked.
English Pronunciation Skill is best acquired by giving proper regard to the rules and becoming attentive to best usage. This course is especially designed for those who want to improve their pronunciation. Course duration is 90 days.
This course is designed for students desiring a basic knowledge of English Grammar. Enrollment into this course shall be valid for 90 days.